Thursday, July 7, 2011

Thankful for a Darling Six Year Old...

The past three weeks have been extremely time consuming, tiresome, and very hectic with assisting my mom, brother (and family), and others in small town Kansas move to higher ground due to levee problems and a very swollen Missouri River.  On Tuesday of this week, my friend "Mary Poppins" (as I call her very lovingly, as she is one of the kindest and sweetest people I know) and her six year old son called to see if they could stop by for a visit.  I was in between carloads of totes, trash, groceries, and medicine for mom, but I was going to go home before heading back to mom's apartment.  Hunter and "Mary" come into the house, and this adorable six year old immediately let me give him a hug as he looked up at me and simply stated, "I missed you, Ms. Lyons." OMG did my heart melt!  As we visited for a while with our over-rambunctious dogs, Katy and Abby, "Mary" filled me in on how Hunter had prepared for his visit with me...He got up that morning and stated he had hair on his chin and needed to shave it for ME! He put on deodorant before coming over.  This is a 6 year old!!!! How precious.  Of course I had to pat his smooth chin and cheeks and smell his arms since he did this just for our visit!!!!  At the end of our visit, I walked them to the car, and as Hunter is telling me goodbye, he asked when I could come to his house and visit.  I said maybe next week.  He immediately asked "Can you stay all night at my house?"  "Mary" and I giggled, but I told Hunter I would have to ask my husband, and he would have to ask his dad.  He made my day and I am so grateful that Hunter found the time to come and visit and accept me as his equal - I smiled for several days after, and have told this story over and over... Hunter, you are a GREAT kid, and thanks for the special time.

No comments:

Post a Comment